It’s hard for everyone to missed the Dragon Ball series on television especially those who had their childhood back in the 90’s and after the end of Dragon Ball GT, the series went Hiatus for almost two decades until now. 18 year of waiting to be exact, TOEI Animation in Japan announced that they’re producing a sequel to our all-time favorite anime with a new series entitled “Dragon Ball Chou(Super)“. The series will have the original series creator Akira Toriyama to run the show.
The series started with Dragon Ball that follows the adventures of a saiyan child named Goku until he has grown-up and started his family up to his sons and the sons of his sons. They have fought many battles and we’ve followed them in every adventures that they go into. The series also spawned OVA titles, video games and even merchandises. They’ve even had a full length movie release in theaters with the latest release such as the Dragon Ball: Battle of Gods and the upcoming Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’.
The new series will start after the conclusion of Son Goku’s battle against Majin Buu in Dragon Ball Z and will tell a new adventure of our hero and his friends. The new plot will bring new and more powerful foes. According to Fuji Television producer Osamu Nozaki, “Mr. Toriyama has developed a plot that’s not only a dream come true for Dragon Ball’s millions of fans, but one that will foster in a new generation of viewers.”
Masako Nozawa, Japanese voice actress of Dragon Ball’s Son Goku, Son Gohan and Son Goten, hopes that the new series would last a long time and will have same impact around the world just like the original series was. The new Dragon Ball Super series will have its début airing on Japanese Television starting this coming July 2015 on Fuji Television.
- âDragon Ball Superâ to premiere in July; seriesâ first installment in 18 years(kfoxtv.com)
- ‘Dragon Ball’ fans are getting first new TV anime series in nearly 20 years(dailydot.com)
- Dragon Ball Is Coming Back With a New Show, After All These Years(complex.com)
- Dragon Ball Anime Lives On in New Series(gamerssphere.com)
- All-new Dragon Ball anime coming to TV this July with story by series creator Akira Toriyama(en.rocketnews24.com)
- New Dragon Ball Series!(popist.com)
- Dragon Ball returning to TV after charging up for nearly 20 years(geek.com)
- First ‘Dragon Ball’ Anime in 18 Years to Premiere in July(rollingstone.com)
- Dragon Ball Is Getting Its First New TV Anime in 18 Years(kotaku.com)
- Dragon Ball Will Return To TV With A New Series, May Have Stronger Foes Than Majin Buu(designntrend.com)