Despite their rivalry in the device market, at the back of everything, Samsung and Apple does have a mutual partnership. In fact Samsung made the A7 Processor for the Apple 5s 2 years ago before Apple went to a Taiwan-based company TSMC to power its latest iPhone 6 devices. But the partnership would make a comeback as rumors have suggested.
According to Maeil Business Newspaper, the South Korean tech giant will power the next generation iPhone from Apple with the latest Apple designed A9 chipset. Though there seem to be no further information that is available at the moment but Reuters has a bit of knowledge regarding this development and found out that Samsung will produce the future iPhone processors in Austin Texas.
- Samsung to be the main processor supplier for Apple’s next iPhone(msn.com)
- Samsung will produce 75% of Apple’s next-generation iPhone chips(techi.com)
- Samsung Electronics To Be Main Chip Supplier For Next IPhone: South Korea Paper(businessinsider.com)
- Apple to Samsung: Hey, Nice Chips(entrepreneur.com)
- Samsung reportedly nabs 75% of Apple’s next-gen ‘A9’ SoC orders(appleinsider.com)
- Samsung to Produce 75% of A9 Chips for Next iPhone?(iClarified.com)
- iPhone 7 Could Be Powered By Samsung Chips(techweekeurope.co.uk)
- Samsung to Produce Majority of Apple’s A9 Chips for Next-Generation iPhone(apple4ladies.com)
- Samsung to Produce Majority of Apple’s A9 Chips for Next-Generation iPhone(macrumors.com)
- Samsung to Produce Majority of Apple’s A9 Chips for Next-Generation iPhone(computermagazine.com)