Last Summer, Samsung launched the Galaxy Tab A (2016) 10.1 and just a few months after, the Korean tech giant sent a follow-up for the 10.1-inch tablet with an S-Pen. The S Pen on the new Galaxy Tab A (2016) is the same as the one found on the Galaxy Note7 and like the flagship phablet, the 10.1-inch device will have all the S Pen suite and features from the Galaxy Note7.
The Galaxy Tab A (2016) comes with a 10.1-inch LCD screen and a display resolution of 1920 x 1200 that’s around 241 ppi pixel density and it support the S Pen stylus. Powering the device is an Octa-core processor running at 1.6 GHz couple to 3GB of system RAM. For storage, there’s a plenty room for multimedia contents and app through its built-in 32 GB of storage space and a microSD card slot which supports of up to 256GB.
The camera department comes with a standard 8 Megapixel main camera equipped with autofocus and an LED flash and supports Full-HD video recording. On the front is a 2 Megapixel snapper which should be enough for video calls and instant Selfies.
The Galaxy Tab A (2016) with S Pen comes in two variants with one built with a single SIM slot for wireless connectivity and supports 2G, 3G and 4G LTE wireless networks and a Wi-Fi only variant. Both variants supports these standard connectivity features including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, USB 2.0 (microUSB), GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS and Beidou support.
The tablet comes with nifty features including:
- multi-user support
- S Pen features including magnifier, notes, and translate features.
- Kid Mode to keep apps and contents safe with kids
- Quick Connect & SideSync feature to view contents on compatible TV’s and easily share files on a PC
The tablet runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and includes a built-in 7300 mAh battery that promises up to 13 hours of continuous video playback. With its enormous battery, the tablet measures254.3 x 164.2 x 8.2 mm in diameter and weighs around 558 grams.
The new Galaxy Tab A 2016 with S Pen is currently available in its hometown in South Korea for KRW 489,000 or roughly around $435. International available is underway but Samsung is yet to disclose this information so we’ll have to eye it for now for further details.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) with S Pen goes official(phonearena.com)
- Samsung Launched its Galaxy Tab A (2016) with S-Pen(goandroid.co.in)
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy Tab A 2016 complete with the new S Pen | metaapk(metaapk.tech)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) With S Pen Launched in South Korea(gadget-nations.net)
- Aptly named Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) with S Pen goes official in Korea(pocketnow.com)
- Samsung’s 2016 Galaxy Tab A with S Pen released in South Korea, for now(ausdroid.net)
- Samsung’s latest 10.1-inch tablet includes all the S Pen features found in the Note 7(9to5google.com)