Share this on :

Unexpected reboots forced Samsung to halt Oreo update rollout for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+

cjmagowan  —  8 months ago ( Feb 17, 2018 )    |    News

A week ago, we told you that Samsung had finally rolled out the much awaited Oreo update for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ to beta testers and later on to regular customers. The update carries the latest Android version in the market as well as the new Samsung Experience UI adding a lot of new features and bug fixes to the currently existing operating system version on most Galaxy S8 devices.

But the roll out has been halted by Samsung recently with two files of the said updates were no longer available from Samsung’s update server as digged by SamMobile who further investigated the situation. Samsung’s official statement regarding the matter has something to do with several reports that after updating to Oreo, those affected devices rebooted unexpectedly and that Samsung were prompt to act on it to at least limit the number of affected devices. So far, Samsung had rolled out the update in Europe, UAE and India.

Samsung is already investigating the issue and could soon issue and official update to prevent the same problem from happening and make the transition from Nougat to Oreo as seamless as possible. Besides an update fix, there were also reports that Samsung could be working on a new firmware for the Galaxy S8 and S8+. However which of these were true, Galaxy S8 and S8+ users are hoping that the update roll out could commence once again as they grow to become impatient knowing that they could have it installed earlier on if it wasn’t about the bug.

VIAGizbot