We’ve got a fresh new look with the new Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Samsung’s flagship device the Galaxy S5. The update is currently been rolled out to European region, well specifically in Poland at the moment with device code (SM-G900F). As always, the roll out will be done in batches, so as the update touched Poland first in particular, users from other European countries should expect them in the coming days, while other regions will have the update later when most countries in Europe has been served.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is the first device from Samsung to have the Lollipop update, The Samsung Galaxy S4 GPe has also been updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop but considering its a Google Play device, it won’t be counted as one of the regular devices that Samsung directly sells. We’ve also shown the Galaxy Note 4 running the Lollipop update at its very early stage.
As we can see, and from the early builds that leaked a few time in the past, the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the Galaxy S5 brings new improvements in both the UI and as well has under the hood improvements that brings better functionality and performance boost for the company’s flagship device. Samsung has also updated some key user interface features that takes a cue from Google’s Material design. Furthermore, Android 5.0 update brings out new and better power management features and with the new Android Runtime that makes apps perform faster and more efficiently.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Samsung Galaxy S5 rolling out now in Europe(phonearena.com)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Gets Android 5.0 Lollipop In Europe(geeky-gadgets.com)
- Lollipop Update for Samsung Galaxy S5 Starts in Europe(unbox.ph)
- Samsung starts rolling out Android Lollipop update to the Galaxy S5(91mobiles.com)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Android Lollipop rollout begins in Europe(trustedreviews.com)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA Now Seeding to Samsung Galaxy S5; Note 4 to Get New Goo(ibtimes.co.in)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Now Receiving Android 5.0 Lollipop Update(spd.rss.ac)