If you’ve heard a number of mobile devices that comes with some weird names attached to them then you can add Lenovo’s latest K3 “Music Lemon” handset on your list. Now launched and available in China, the Lenovo K3 comes with great features and an affordable price tag which also takes aim on the more affordable Xiaomi devices that has been successful in Chinese market because of its quite lower prices as compared to other handsets in the market with the same specs and features.
The new Lenovo K3 comes with desirable and attractive features with a 5-inch HD display and is powered by a 1.2GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor, Adreno 306 GPU, 1 GB of RAM and a quite large (for its price) 16 GB internal storage space with micro-SD card support. It has got a 8 Megapixel main camera with LED flash and a 2 Megapixel camera on the front. There’s LTE connectivity but we’re not quite sure if it’s compatible to worldwide LTE bands or it’s China LTE network specific but we think it’s the former. For audio enthusiast, they would be happy to know that it has a quite impressive stereo output with Waves MaxxAudio sound. The handset runs with Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) on a 2300 mAh battery.
As the quirky name suggests, we’ve got the idea already being a music centric device, being a lemon however, we can’t associate anything with it aside from its yellow color, We hope that users won’t get a lemon device though as that would sound like a big disappointment if it happens. But given Lenovo’s exceptional track record in providing the best quality hardware, we can just turn to the color itself and not think of other meanings to the name.
Latest information suggests that the new Lenovo K3 Music Lemon will be sold exclusively online through China’s largest online retail store JD.com at a price of 599 CNY or just below $100 which is priced closely the same as Xiaomi’s Redmi 1S that is directly competing. Its price tag and features which comes more than Xiaomi could offer will give customers a considerable alternative. Despite being Chinese specific at the moment, experts, analysts and users alike expects Lenovo to release the device or something similar to other regions in the future.
- The sub-$100 Lenovo K3 “Music Lemon” Android smartphone wants to take on the Xiaomi Redmi 1s(91mobiles.com)
- Lenovo K3 “Music Lemon” is a sub-$100 smartphone made to compete with Xiaomi’s Redmi series(phonearena.com)
- The 64-bit Lenovo K3 Music Lemon price listed at $97(phonesreview.co.uk)
- Lenovo’s Sub-$100 K3 “Music Lemon” Handset Gets Introduced In China(androidheadlines.com)
- Xiaomi Ready to Shake China & India Markets with $100 Tablet(patentlyapple.com)
- Lenovo K3 – Snapdragon 410 with LTE for under $100(yugatech.com)
- Lenovo K3 Music Lemon Smartphone Announced(geeky-gadgets.com)
- Lenovo Launches ‘Lemon’ Smartphone in China(pcmag.com)