An alleged Meizu device was spotted a few days ago in AnTuTu Benchmark powered by a new Exynos 8890 chipset, though it hasn’t been confirmed yet if it’s the Meizu Pro 7 that’s thought to be the next Meizu flagship which have populated the rumor mill lately.
Today, someone got a hold of what seems to be an image renders of the alleged handset showing both the front and back of the device. Interestingly, the handset sport a dual-edge screen similar to those found of Samsung flagship devices and the back houses a dual-camera sensors which tells us that this device isn’t just your next Chinese made product.
This isn’t the first time that the device had been leak though, back in May, a live and presumably working device with the same overall design was caught in the wild. It too was said to be the upcoming Meizu Pro 7 which was expected to be announced on the middle of the year. That didn’t happened however, as we’re heading towards the half of the third quarter, more and more of these leaks where piling up which comes to suggest that the said alleged device announcement is imminent.
And here’s something to look forward to:
With a tagline of “Pro than Pro” and”true flagship fingertips”, Meizu sets a special event for September 3 to announce a new device in which in our part believes that it’s the Meizu Pro 7. Though no one is yet to give a glimpse on what the specs would be, AnTuTu’s result of an alleged Meizu_m96 which is thought to be the Pro 7 and sport a QHD display, Exynos 8890 chipset,4GB of RAM, 32GB of built-in storage, 12 Megapixel main camera and 5 Megapixel front. The handset is running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
We’re a couple of weeks away from the expected event and we’re anticipating on what Meizu will bring into the table and if these early rumors will be met as the official device will come out and show itself up.
- According to Leaked Teaser Photo, the New Meizu Flagship Will Arrive on September 3(phonesreview.co.uk)
- Leaked Poster Hints Meizu Will Unveil new Smartphone on September 3(chinatopix.com)
- Meizu Teases a New Smartphone for September 13 – Could Feature an Exynos 8890(wccftech.com)
- Upcoming Meizu flagship with Exynos 8890 SoC passes through AnTuTu(vr-zone.com)
- Meizu Flagship Spotted on AnTuTu Carrying Exynos 8890(goandroid.co.in)
- Meizu ‘Pro than Pro’ phone teased, to be unveiled September 3(androidcommunity.com)