Share this on :

Huawei launched the new mid-ranger G7 Plus with Metal unibody, Fingerprint sensor and 1080p display

cjmagowan  —  3 years ago ( Nov 08, 2015 )    |    Mobile

huawei-g7-plus-hero

Keeping up with the competition and giving users a cheaper alternative from other offerings, Huawei launched their new G7 Plus a mid-ranger phablet with a 90% metal construction and a hefty internals that makes the handset someone to consider when getting a new smartphone.

huawei-g7-plus-construction

The new G7 Plus is basically a follow-up to 2014’s G7 with upgraded internals with more premium quality built and a design refresh from its predecessor. The said 90% metal construction is of the handset’s aircraft-grade aluminum unibody design. The handset comes with a large 5.5-inch display and is now in full-HD resolution with a 2.5D Gorilla Glass lamination. The handset is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Chipset with Octa-core processor and is supported by 3 GB of system RAM so you could enjoy the fluidity and silky smooth user experience. It also houses a 32 GB internal storage which is also expandable through a microSD card.

huawei-g7-plus-fingerprint

Becoming more popular in the market, it seems like fingerprint sensors are becoming more common on every new release of smartphones and even at its mid-range market segment, Huawei is making the biometric sensor available in their non-flagship device such as the new G7 Plus which will open up the possibilities for budget conscious market to enjoy high-end features without shelling out more.

If you’re fond of taking photos and videos with your phone, the G7 Plus should take care of you as it features a 13 Megapixel main camera on the back with BSI sensor, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Sapphire Lens. It has a larger aperture on a 28 mm wide-angle lens to ensure a highly visible photos even in low-light conditions and capture more perspective than regular camera-equipped smartphones in the market. Other than that, the G7 Plus camera module comes with a Dual-tone LED flash not only to lit photos and videos but also to bring out the natural colors of the subject for a more realistic and lively photos in every shot.

huawei-g7-plus-cam

Besides the main camera, the front shooter on the new G7 Plus is also worth a mention as it features a high-quality 5 Megapixel shooter with Smart Composition – a camera software feature helps colors and contrast adjustments on anyone in the picture. In addition to that, the G7 Plus comes with image filters built-in so you could easily select the best themes and colors on your photos without resorting to third-party apps.

huawei-g7-plus-network

Connectivity-wise, the G7 Plus is fairly equipped with dual-SIM functionality and supports 4G/LTE networks but also support legacy wireless network connectivity such as 3G/HSPA+ and 2G/GSM wireless network and automatically switches between networks. In addition to these, the G7 Plus as it is on any smartphone in the market is equipped with other connectivity options that includes Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0 and GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS Support.

As we know already, the Huawei G7 Plus is made out of 90% metal with only the display that is made of glass and two small plastic panels on the back that covers the antenna of the handset comprises the remaining 10% of non-metal parts of the handset. The handset measures 152.5 x 76.5 x 7.5 mm, and weighs 167 grams with its 3000 mAh non-removable high-capacity and high-performance battery pack.

huawei-g7-0

The new Huawei G7 Plus runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with Huawei’s proprietary EMUI 3.1 user interface on top. However, the company promises Android 6.0 Marshmallow update by early next year. The handset has already launched in Thailand for a price of $330 without contract and is available in Gold, Silver, and Grey. Though Huawei haven’t mentioned any information for the G7 Plus availability in other markets, we still expect them to become available to other regions in the next few weeks as what the company has always did in the past.