When Microsoft announced early of last year that it would unleashed the new Windows 10 Mobile operating to older Windows phone devices towards the end of last year, users were then preparing for the said update to come but unfortunate for Microsoft, that didn’t happened. With days moving forward, more and more Windows phone users were getting tired to waiting with others moving their lives to other platforms instead. However, faithful Windows users are patiently waiting for the major upgrade and with the green light coming out. It’s time for Microsoft to release the most awaiting upgrade for Windows Phone since Windows 8.1 hit the streams.
The Windows 10 upgrade will be rolling out to a variety of Windows phone devices might it be Microsoft/Nokia manufactured or from other equipment manufacturer with release dates depending on the each manufacturer or model of the device. For this wave of the upgrade. It’s worth noting to understand which Windows phone devices are readily able to grab the update as listed below.
Lumia 635 1GB
Lumia 636 1GB
Lumia 638 1GB
Win HD w510u
Win HD LTE x150q
While the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade is available to these older devices, the whole process still needs a specific set of steps to initiate the upgrade process:
- Download the Microsoft UpdateAdvisor app from the Windows Store.
- Open the app and check the”Enable Windows 10 upgrade”
- Tap Next
- When it says : it’s ready to upgrade, Tap Done.
- Close the app
- Go to Settings > Phone Update > Check for updates
- Your device will then search for available updates and once your device gets the OTA update, you should then get a notification that Windows 10 is ready to install on your device and just carry on with the remaining steps as directed by your device. These remaining steps requires users to restart their device and let Windows proceed with the upgrade process.
Yes, Windows 10 is finally here, it’s not a Windows insider preview, a beta release or whatsoever but a non-testing, feature complete version of Windows 10 for regular users. Microsoft has always been specific about which Windows Phone devices gets the update but if your device isn’t in the list as of the moment but you think is capable to run the operating system, worry not as Microsoft will be having another wave of upgrades for the remaining Windows phone devices in the wild.