Microsoft is all set to send Windows 10 Technical Preview build to a range of Lumia devices pretty soon. In a blog dated Friday March 27th, Microsoft admits that the first round of Technical Preview of Windows 10 for Phones was greatly limited in coverage due to the fact that Microsoft is greatly concerned on sufficient partition sizes on phone units.
As development progress however, Microsoft has found a solution to the problem that it faced during the early builds of Windows 10. The Redmond giant found a way with a new feature called “Partition Stitching” which will allow them to dynamical re-size the partition of any given device to be upgraded. Microsoft said that they would need a few more tests to make sure that the next build would be a viable representative of Windows 10 Technical Preview for all supported units.
Currently there are only a few smartphone models that Microsoft is allowing to upgrade to Windows 10 but as soon as the new build becomes available, the following devices will be eligible to install and test the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones: Lumia 1020, Lumia 1320, Lumia 1520, Lumia 520, Lumia 525, Lumia 526, Lumia 530, Lumia 530 Dual Sim, Lumia 535, Lumia 620, Lumia 625, Lumia 630, Lumia 630 Dual Sim, Lumia 635, Lumia 636, Lumia 638, Lumia 720, Lumia 730, Lumia 730 Dual SIM, Lumia 735, Lumia 810, Lumia 820,Lumia 822, Lumia 830, Lumia 920, Lumia 925, Lumia 928, Lumia ICON, Microsoft Lumia 430, Microsoft Lumia 435, Microsoft Lumia 435 Dual SIM, Microsoft Lumia 532, Microsoft Lumia 532 Dual SIM, Microsoft Lumia 640 Dual SIM and the Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual SIM.
Microsoft has given the list of devices that will support the next Windows 10 Tech Preview along with the reminder that the said devices are still under evaluation and if these devices mentioned shows any specific device bug/s during testing, Microsoft might pull out the device from the list and might no longer become eligible when the retail version of Windows 10 becomes available. Also, devices not mentioned in the list have already showed the said bug/s during internal testing so as early as this time, Microsoft had already sorted out devices that are either completely compatible with the next version of Windows or somewhat supports it.
- Next Windows 10 for Phones Technical Preview Coming to More Handsets(eteknix.com)
- Next build of Windows 10 for Phones Technical Preview coming to more models(phonearena.com)
- Microsoft posts a list of Windows Phones getting the next Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview – Lumia 930 not included(wmpoweruser.com)
- Microsoft reveals new list of Lumia phones eligible for Windows 10 TP(yugatech.com)
- Microsoft Announces Windows 10 Technical Preview Support for Additional Smartphones(spd.rss.ac)
- The next update for Windows 10 preview supports more than 6 phones(digitaltrends.com)
- Microsoft announces set of Lumia devices to receive next Windows 10 for phones preview build(ibtimes.co.uk)
- Microsoft schedules more Lumias to receive Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones(betanews.com)
- Windows 10 Preview coming to more phones: Is yours on the list?(pcworld.com)