If you might have noticed, Facebook has been quite busy lately releasing updates every now and again. Though still under development, if you want to take the risk and join a group of Alpha testers, you will be able to take the new User Interface for a spin and evaluate which of the two UI’s then and now works best to you.
Ordinarily, regular users won’t be able to see the UI changes, but as a Alpha Tester, you would be able to have the changes first hand. So if you are ready to experience the new UI, here are some tips to get started.
- Uninstall you existing Facebook App if you have one.
- Make sure that you are not a Beta Tester for Facebook. If you do, simply leave the Google group under settings.
- Be an Alpha Tester by joining Facebook for Android Alpha tester here.
- Once you have joined the group, Click “Become a Tester” and follow the link in the Google Group to download the alpha version of the app from Google Play.
- Download the Facebook app from the Google Play
- If you have not followed step number 1, hit Update to update your existing Facebook app.
- Once installed, Open your Facebook app from your device and login to your account and you should see the new and Flat Facebook User Interface.
For devices that have not uninstalled their existing Facebook app and opted to update their apps instead, you may not see the new UI changes right away. To resolve this issue, simply go to your Settings>Apps>Facebook, then Force stop and select Clear Data, reopen the Facebook app and login to your account and you will then see the new UI changes from the Facebook Android App.
If you want to try out the new UI changes without becoming a Alpha Tester, you can do so by sideloading the app to your device. simply click the link below and copy the Apk file to your device but this would not update your apps from any existing updates from Google Play.
Download : Facebook 9.0